Demystifying the PEO Licensure Interview Requirements – Academic and Experience
Date: Saturday, June 19, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (EDT)
Location: Zoom Webinar
We are bringing back one of our most important events this year, it is also a sub-event of the new 2021 LAPS - Demystifying the PEO Licensure Interview Requirements: Academic and Experience.
Guest speakers from the PEO the Academic Requirements Committee (ARC) and Experience Committee (ERC) will be invited to cover the following topics:
- Licensure process before and if it ever goes through both committees for both CEAB and non-CEAB candidates
- What to expect before coming into interviews
- How to prepare for the interviews
- The process during the 1-hour panel interviews
- Criteria for experience and what the panel looks for
- Variations (if any) amongst the disciplines – Electrical/Computer/Software and Communications Infrastructure, Mechanical/Automotive, etc.
The webinar will provide a good understanding of the process so that PEO licensure candidates understand how to be well prepared for each part of the PEO licensure process. We will follow with up to 3 mock interviews for both Academic and Experience requirements in front of the group so that candidates can get a better idea of what to expect throughout the licensure process.
We will ask one or two audience members - especially in one of the engineering disciplines of mechanical, electrical, computer software or environmental engineering - who wishes to volunteer to be interviewed in front of the group The ideal participant is a candidate who needs to prepare for meeting one of the Academic or Experience requirements for licensure but is open to accepting direct feedback in front of an audience on their approach, so that it may benefit the entire audience.
Here is the event schedule breakdown:
- 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.: Presentation
- 10:45 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.: Break
- 10:50 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.: Mock Interviews
- 11:20 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Q &A
This webinar is a free event, but space is limited. Please register by June 17, 2021 (Demystifying the PEO Licensure Event), and you will receive a zoom invitation shortly.
Tian You Si Tu, P.Eng.
Mentorship & EIT Director
PEO York Chapter