Bike Bike Day with PEO York Cyclopedia
Date: Saturday, July 13, 2019, arrive 11:30-11:45AM for registration and pre-ride exercises, ride begins at 12:30PM sharp
Estimated end time: 1:30PM
Location: Jaffari Community Centre, 9000 Bathurst St, Thornhill, ON L4J 8A7
It’s heart-pumping, cheer-thumping, crazy-fun. It’s the one and only Heart & Stroke Big Bike. Our Cyclopedia team from PEO York is doing it again this year, and we’d like you to be a part of it! Registration for the team is required for those attending.
As your Big Bike Team Captain, I’m officially recruiting riders to take part in this fun event to support a very important cause. With heart disease and stroke being the #1 cause of premature death for women in Canada, this year’s ride supports #TimeToSeeRed campaign to help close the research gap and create a better future for women’s heart and brain health.
Don’t know what the Big Bike experience is like? See the big bike in action!
Please join me – and 28 other riders – on an unforgettable fun ride! By reaching a team fundraising minimum of $3,000 (that’s only about $100 per team member), we’ll be standing up for women’s heart and brain health, and having a blast at the same time! You can also win prizes for reaching your fundraising goals.
To reserve your seat on the Big Bike, simply follow the link to register as part of the team.
Here are a few things to keep in mind for the ride Saturday, July 13:
- The ride will take place rain or shine. Please dress according to the weather;
- There's usually water provided for the event, but feel free to bring your own water in case there's no water provided this year;
- Our ride starts at 12:30pm sharp. Please arrive 45-60 minutes before (11:30am to 11:45am) to register, get your prize, and participate in some pre-ride team activities;
- Please wear your Big Bike or Heart and Stroke Foundation T-shirt from previous years if you have them. If you do not have these, please wear a RED T-shirt so that our team photo will look consistent.
- There are other teams riding on the same day, so cheer loudly and show them our team has the best spirit on ride day;
- Parking is free at the venue.
- Allow some time after the ride to take a group photo. If we are the last group for that day, we may even get a chance to take a group photo with the escorting police officers (like last year)
Lui Tai, P.Eng.
PEO York Cyclopedia
Posed or candid shots of speakers and the audience may be taken at this event. These images may be used in the PEO York Chapter's website, social media, and promotional material. By registering for the event you are consenting to the use of photographs which become the property of PEO York Chapter (the event host).