Delay & Impact Claims – Extras & Scope Change
Tuesday November 28 2017 - 7:30pm
Location: Courtyard by Marriott- 65 Minthorn Blvd., Markham, Ontario
Fee: No Charge
Use the following password to access sign up: PEOYORK1128
When disputes arise on a project, our clients rely on our objective technical analysis of schedule and costs, in-depth knowledge of industry standards of practice and litigation support services. We focus on clear identification of root causes of change, delay, acceleration, disruption and other unforeseen events. We will assign responsibility where appropriate and quantifying the damages. Our involvement enhances decision-making capabilities and can significantly reduce their financial risk and exposure.
This presentation gets into greater depth than the Bird's Eye View presentation done in October.
Our presenter will discuss:
- Define changes as stated in various CCDC Contracts
- Discuss Causes or Claims for Change
- Drawing errors or omissions
- Differing and Unforeseen Conditions
- Delay or Interference by Others
- Discuss and Evaluate Change Documentation
- Who Initiates it
- When & How
- Briefly Touch on Waiver of Change
- Difference between Deletion or Omissions
- Subcontractors & Change Orders
- Contemplated Change Notices
- Requests for Information & Site Instructions
- Change Directives
- “Work Under Protest” Entitlements
- Valuation of Changes
- Mitigating Claims or Change Orders
Steven Karst, MBA is a Construction Claims and Advisory Lead with Jensen Hughes. He is an experienced construction professional with over 20 years in the industry within residential, commercial and industrial environments. Steven, is a specialist with determining simple costs or complicated quantum while mitigating construction claims risk, using his experience and training to the fullest benefit of the client. He has provided contract management and cost control on multimillion dollar programs, provided expert opinions for construction claims for world class projects and has worked as an entrepreneur in the construction trades swinging a hammer and getting his hands dirty. With his breadth of knowledge, practical know how and commercial acumen, Steven is confident to deliver the best of expectations.
The event is at no charge to PEO Chapter members and networking with other engineers is encouraged!
Rick Vender, P.Eng.
Program Director – PEO York Chapter