Light Rail Transit Engineering - In Canada and the World
Wednesday March 22, 2017 - 7:30pm
Location: Yummy Grill Restaurant, 531 Atkinson Ave., Thornhill, Ontario
Fee: $15/pp includes refreshments
Our presentation will cover the following topics:
- Introduction (Brief History of LRT and Urban Mass Transportation)
- Special Technologies
- Planning and Development Process (Driving Factors; System Planning)
- Design and Engineering Considerations (Vehicles, Site, Tracks, Platforms)
- Modernization and Re-Development -Urban Areas
- Canadian and International Selected Projects
- Following by Q&A
Our Speaker is Jozef Grajek, M.Sc., P.Eng. who graduated in Warsaw, University of Military Technology, Airport Engineering. Practicing Professional Engineer on design and implementation major airports and infrastructure projects including Warsaw International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, Major Toronto Transit Projects.
Jozef is senior academic lecturer on Airport Engineering and is former chief of Polish State Airports, ICAO Roster Subject Expert. He is an active member of airport professional committees (AAAE, ASCE) and is an author of many innovated projects and publications.
The price of the event is $15 per person and refreshments will be provided. Friends are welcome and networking encouraged!
Rick Vender, P.Eng.
Program Director – PEO York Chapter