Power And Influence Through Your Voice
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 - 7:30pm
Location: Yummy Grill Restaurant, 531 Atkinson Ave., Thornhill, Ontario
Fee: $15/pp includes refreshments
Do people understand you the first time you speak? In this presentation you will learn the secrets and methods of how to speak English clearly and confidently, and how excellent pronunciation, speech flow & intonation will help you reach your goals. Through a series of interactive exercises, together with audio, video and computer bio-feedback, you will learn to transform your pronunciation, rhythm and intonation. You will learn to make your first impression your best impression.
• Speak so that people understand you the first time you speak
• Deliver Presentations with clarity and confidence
• Eliminate communication barriers and gain confidence at meetings
• Ensure that people appreciate the FULL VALUE of your ideas
• Get promoted
• Participate more fully in social situations
• Feel great – about your communication skills
YOU WILL LEARN:
• How to clearly pronounce the sounds of North American English
• How to master the rhythm and flow of North American English
• How to use intonation and expression to get your true meaning across more clearly and powerfully, and keep your listener’s attention
• How to speak confidently and at the right pace
Bonnie Gross, BA, DSPA, SLP is president of Speech Science International Inc., based in Toronto and New York. SpeechScience is a company devoted to ensuring that our clients reach their full potential as dynamic speakers.
Upon graduating from the University of Toronto in Speech Language Pathology, Bonnie went on to found the Speech department at Scarborough General Hospital in Toronto, and then her own private practice working with executives, students, professionals and actors in leadership speaking skills, voice enhancement and therapy, and accent reduction.
Incorporated in 1997, SpeechScience has helped hundreds of clients such as IBM, CIBC, Cisco Systems, BMO, Siemens, H.J.Heinz, RBC, CIBC and employees of the United Nations (New York), become clear and more powerful speakers.
Friends are welcome and networking encouraged!
Rick Vender, P.Eng.
Program Director – PEO York Chapter