Hey, I'm In Charge ... Now What?
Saturday, September 19, 8:30am-5pm (registration starts at 8:00am)
Location: Markham Convergence Centre (MCC), 7271 Warden Ave., Markham, Ontario, L3R 5X5
Fee: New Price of $98.00 plus a small Eventbrite processing fee
An All-Day Workshop Introducing Essential Skills
for Managers and Supervisors
Managers and Supervisors are Leaders, and leadership is the key to obtaining improved productivity from people. This interactive workshop provides a firm foundation in communication and conflict management skills. We build on this with a focus on key aspects of management and supervision including motivation, coaching and teambuilding. Finally, we look at performance management and leading change, where all the skills and knowledge developed earlier in the workshop come into play.
- To understand relevant modern leadership processes, principles and problems.
- To enable supervisors and managers to use this knowledge to improve how they carry out their critical role in the organization.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Communicate and relate effectively with others.
- Handle conflicts constructively to improve working relationships.
- Provide effective leadership and coaching in order to develop people for improved performance.
- Understand what motivates people to improve performance.
- Build effective teams to leverage individual productivity.
- Work with staff to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Understand the leadership role in facilitating ‘change’ in the workplace.
- Leadership and Management – Are These the Same?
- Some Organizational Realities – Psychological Sabotage/Bare Minimum Performance
- Listening and Asking Questions: Fundamental Tools for Leaders
- Conflict Management
- Motivating People to Improved Performance
- Coaching and Developing People
- Developing Effective Teams
- Performance Management – Making Your Expectations Clear
- Leading Change and Organizational Transformation
Our instructor, Gerry Call is an experienced speaker, consultant, facilitator and author, with strong capabilities to motivate and entertain audiences. He is noted for his "down to earth" style as well as for his positive and humorous attitude towards his topics. Gerry creates powerful learning environments to help people move from the okay to the extraordinary.
Gerry uses his various skills to problem solve "people" issues, and help people devise creative and practical solutions. His personal aim is to make a difference in peoples' performance by helping them better understand themselves and others. Through application of simple yet practical concepts and ideas, Gerry motivates people to make changes in the way they do things.
His motto is, People Matter Most.
Thanks to our additional sponsor Assante Wealth Management, we are able to offer this seminar at a reduced price of $98.00 plus an Eventbrite fee. It is only open to PEO members, P.Engs and registered EITs.
The fee includes breakfast selections, all day coffee, snacks and lunch, handout, diploma, receipt for your expense report and a day with one of the best management trainers in Ontario. This is a one day seminar with one of the best management trainers in Ontario. I am not saying just to say it! I have taken several one day seminars from Gerry and by the way, at a much greater cost.
For local hotel accommodations, contact me at the email address below.
For more information, please contact:
Rick Vender, P.Eng.
Program Director - PEO York Chapter
Generously sponsored by Assante Wealth Management and GCA Productive Consulting & Training Ltd.