Demystifying the ERC Interview
Sunday, October 14, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
Location: Courtyard by Marriott, 65 Minthorn Blvd., Thornhill, Ontario, L3T 7Y9
As part of the P.Eng. licensure process, you may be asked to participate in an ERC interview to review your engineering experience. This is an in 2-person technical interview panel which assesses if an applicant’s experience warrants relief from examinations assigned by the Academic Requirements Committee and/or the experience satisfies both the qualitative and quantitative requirements for licensure.
Join our two York Chapter volunteers who are part of the ERC committee and have conducted numerous ERC interviews as they demystify the ERC interview and the process. Topics include:
1) Licensure process before and if it ever goes through to ERC for both CEAB and non-CEAB candidates
2) What to expect before coming into ERC interview
3) How to prepare for the interview
4) The process during the 1-hour panel interviews
5) Criteria for experience and what the panel looks for
6) Variations (if any) amongst the disciplines – Electrical/Computer/Software and Communications Infrastructure, Mechanical/Automotive, etc.
This will be followed by mock interviews in front of the group (as time permits) so EITs can get a better idea of what to expect.
This is a free event, but space is limited. For other Chapter events, please review the calendar at www.peoyork.com