Python Bootcamp Level 1 at Ryerson University
Date: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Location: Room TRS3-154, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University at 55 Dundas Street West, Toronto, ON, M5G 2C3
PEO York Chapter presents the first-ever collaborative event with Ryerson University to facilitate the first Python Bootcamp Level 1. Ryerson University have offered their facilities for those who want to learn how to code.
Python is one of the most popular and easy to learn programming languages. In this Boot camp, you will learn the foundations of coding in Python by creating a basic music playlist program. No previous coding/programming knowledge is required for Level 1.
Learning Outcomes: On completion of the Boot camp, participants will have:
- Utilized multiple data types in Python
- Initialized variables according to popular conventions
- Used Python math operators
- Created conditional statements for IF statements
- Stored data in Python data structures (lists, dictionaries) using methods and indexing
- Encapsulated reusable code within a function
- Leveraged FOR loops for automation
- Designed Classes to represent real-world things and situations
- Incorporated all of these principles into a working program
6:30 - 7:00pm – Event registration with light refreshments
7:00 - 9:30pm – Python Bootcamp 1
About the Instructors:
The bootcamp will be taught by two Ryerson University Alumni and recent engineering graduates.
Peter Ling is a recent graduate from Ryerson University’s Biomedical Engineering program. He has used Python for Data Science, Machine Learning and Web development, with a strong focus on machine vision applications.
David Kang is a Bachelor of Commerce graduate from Ted Rogers School of Management with a specialization in Economics and Management Science. He was also the President of student group called Zone Learning Analytics School for the 2018-19 academic year.
Jennifer Lu, M.Eng., P.Eng.